Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi
over Spaghetti with Roasted Broccoli
Impress your dinner companions with this homemade version of an Italian restaurant favorite. Shrimp is sautéed until tender, then tossed with al dente spaghetti and crispy roasted broccoli. Of course, it wouldn’t be shrimp scampi without plenty of cheese and butter—here, we whip up a homemade garlic butter to form the base for an easy yet wow-worthy sauce with Parmesan and lemon juice. Add a sprinkle of chili flakes for heat, then all that’s left to do is pour the vino. Buon appetito!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Seafood Stock Concentrate
(Contains Fish, Shellfish)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry all produce. • Cut broccoli florets into 1-inch pieces, if necessary. Zest and quarter lemon. Peel and grate or mince garlic.
• Toss broccoli on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack until browned and crispy, 12-15 minutes.
• Once water is boiling, add spaghetti to pot. Cook until al dente, 9-11 minutes. Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water, then drain. • 4 SERVINGS: Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water.
• While pasta cooks, place 3 TBSP butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until just softened, about 10 seconds. Add lemon zest, half the Parmesan (save the rest for serving), a pinch of garlic, and a small pinch of chili flakes if desired. Mash to combine. Season with salt and pepper. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 6 TBSP butter.
• Rinse shrimp* under cold water, then pat dry with paper towels. Toss shrimp in a large bowl with a large drizzle of olive oil, remaining garlic, salt, and pepper. • Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque and cooked through, 2-4 minutes.
• To pan with shrimp, add stock concentrate, spaghetti, roasted broccoli, garlic butter, and ¼ cup reserved pasta cooking water. Toss until everything is combined and coated in a buttery sauce. Add a squeeze or two of lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper. • Divide pasta between bowls and top with remaining Parmesan and a pinch of chili flakes if desired. Serve with remaining lemon wedges. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 1/3 cup reserved pasta cooking water.