We’ve got just three words: Umami. Ginger. Sauce. Yep, this sauce truly has it all—a sweet, mild ginger flavor, a trace of salty soy, and a hint of heat. Mixed with Thai chili sauce and ponzu, our ginger sauce provides the perfect sticky coating for chicken over rice. Smashed cukes offer a cooling side and a pop of color, and—well, we lied. We’ve got way more than three words. But did we mention the peanuts on top?! Alright, we’re done. You’ll just have to experience this one for yourself!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Gochujang Sauce(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Ponzu Sauce(ContainsSoy, Wheat, Fish)
Korean Chili Flakes
Chicken Breast Strips
Umami Ginger Sauce(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce(ContainsSoy)
• Wash and dry produce. • In a small pot over medium-high heat, combine rice, 1¼ cups water (2 cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low; cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Peel and mince garlic. • Trim and halve cucumbers lengthwise. Place under a plate; press down until cucumbers break open. Chop into ½-inch pieces.
• Transfer cucumbers to a medium bowl; cover with salt and toss to coat. Let sit for 3-5 minutes, then rinse and drain. Return to bowl.
• Meanwhile, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; cut into bite-size pieces if necessary. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 2-3 minutes. • Reduce heat to medium and add ginger sauce, chili sauce, and two packets ponzu (four packets for 4 servings); cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
• To bowl with cucumbers, add gochujang, garlic, half the sesame oil (all for 4 servings), remaining ponzu, 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4), and chili flakes to taste. Toss to coat.
• Fluff rice with a fork. • Divide rice and chicken between bowls in separate sections. Top with smashed cucumbers and peanuts. Serve.