Hearty Broccoli Cheddar Chowder
with Potatoes & Scallions
Get this hearty, comforting bowl of creamy deliciousness on the table in just 25 minutes! While potatoes and broccoli cook until tender, you’ll make a deeply flavorful broth with garlic and scallions, then add our signature cheese roux base to make a rich, luscious soup. Once you add the veggies, mustard, and cheddar, it’s go time. Grab your favorite spoon for this cozy, satisfying chowda you’ll be prouda!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Cream Sauce Base
Cheese Roux Concentrate
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Place in a medium pot (large pot for 4 servings) with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches; bring to a boil and cook until tender, 10-12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
• While potatoes cook, cut broccoli into 1-inch pieces. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Peel and mince or grate garlic.
• Place broccoli and 2 TBSP water (4 TBSP for 4 servings) in a large microwave-safe bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave until tender, 3-4 minutes. Carefully remove plastic wrap and drain.
• Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites, garlic, and Fry Seasoning. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. • Stir in cream sauce base, cheese roux, stock concentrates, and 2 cups water (4 cups for 4 servings). Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 1 minute.
• Stir broccoli, potatoes, cheddar, sour cream, and half the mustard (all for 4 servings) into same pot until fully combined and cheese is incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (TIP: If your potatoes aren’t finished cooking yet, just stir them in when they’re tender.) Remove from heat.
• Divide soup between bowls; garnish with scallion greens. Serve.