Herby Organic Beef Meatball Pita Platter
with Cucumber Salad, Feta Sauce & Red Pepper Hummus
Build the sandwich of your dreams with our vibrant Mediterranean-style pita board that’s piled high with hearty cumin-spiced beef meatballs, tangy feta-yogurt sauce, juicy tomato-cucumber salad, and smoky red pepper hummus. Pile your combination of choice onto toasty-warm pitas, or create a custom plate of tasty tidbits and dip, dunk, and scoop as you please. Just don’t forget to photograph this impressive spread before you dig in!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Organic Ground Beef
(Contains Sesame, Wheat)
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce.
• In a medium bowl, combine beef*, cumin, ½ tsp oregano (1 tsp for 4 servings), salt (we used ½ tsp; 1 tsp for 4), and pepper. (You’ll use the remaining oregano in the next step.) Form into 6-8 meatballs (12-16 meatballs for 4).
• Place meatballs on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Roast on top rack until browned and cooked through, 14-16 minutes. Wash out bowl.
Swap in organic beef for beef.
• While meatballs roast, quarter lemon. Quarter tomato; slice into ½-inch-thick quarter-moons. Trim and slice cucumber into ½-inch-thick rounds. • In bowl used for meatballs, whisk together remaining oregano, juice from half the lemon (whole lemon for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Add tomato and cucumber; toss until well coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
• In a small bowl, combine yogurt and feta. Add water, 1 tsp at a time, until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season feta sauce with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. • Toast pitas until warm and pliable; cut in half.
• Place hummus in a second small bowl. Transfer meatballs to a second medium bowl. • Arrange hummus, cucumber salad, feta sauce, and meatballs on a large board or platter. Add toasted pita halves and any remaining lemon wedges to the board. Serve family style so that everyone can build their own pita sandwiches!
Ground Beef is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 160°.