In our humble opinion, flatbreads > pizza, any day! We know that may sound blasphemous, but stick with us. First of all, the golden, crispy crust is a veritable blank canvas. It’s not beholden to simply marinara and mozz! In fact, ours is topped with herby lemony ricotta, tender shredded Brussels sprouts, Italian cheese, Parmesan, lemon zest, and a drizzle of hot honey. Can your ’za do that?! Yeah, we didn’t think so.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Italian Cheese Blend(ContainsMilk)
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and halve Brussels sprouts lengthwise. Lay flat and thinly slice crosswise into shreds. • 4 SERVINGS: Adjust racks to top and middle positions.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts; season with half the Italian Seasoning (you’ll use the rest in the next step) and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until bright green and softened, 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan.
• While Brussels sprouts cook, zest and quarter lemon. • In a small bowl, combine ricotta, half the lemon zest, remaining Italian Seasoning, and a squeeze of lemon juice to taste. Stir in 1 TBSP olive oil and season with salt and pepper. • 4 SERVINGS: Zest 1 lemon and quarter both. Use ¾ of the lemon zest and 2 TBSP olive oil.
• Place flatbreads on a baking sheet. Brush or rub each with a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. • Toast on top rack until golden brown, 3-5 minutes. • 4 SERVINGS: Divide flatbreads between 2 baking sheets; toast on top and middle racks, swapping rack positions halfway through baking.
• Carefully spread toasted flatbreads with lemon ricotta. Top with a layer of Brussels sprouts. Sprinkle with Italian cheese and half the Parmesan (save the rest for serving). • Bake on top rack until cheese has melted and flatbreads are crispy, 4-6 minutes.
• Slice flatbreads into pieces. • Divide between plates and drizzle with hot honey. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and lemon zest to taste. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.