Kids’ Turkey & Cheese Roll-Ups
+ Snack: Chocolate Pudding
Does planning, cooking, and packing kids’ lunches and snacks feel like a part-time job? Well, this 15-minute snackboard-style lunch (plus a 15-minute snack) is the perfect time-saver. You’ll roll up juicy sliced turkey and nutty gouda, and serve with crisp bell pepper strips, orange slices, homemade baked pita chips, and hummus for dipping. And because it’ll be snacktime before you know it, you’ll whip up a quick and easy homemade chocolate pudding that packs in almost a cup of milk per serving! Yup, we’re thinking outside the lunchbox!
This recipe is designed to provide lunch and snack components for multiple days. For each lunch and snack meal, 3 servings and 6 servings are provided for a 2 person and 4 person box respectively. Nutrition information under the Nutrition Values section below is for the lunch portion. The following nutrition information is for 1 serving of the snack meal: Calories: 240, Fat: 11g, Sat. Fat: 7g, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium: 180mg, Carbohydrates: 29g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 24g, Protein: 7g. Download the nutrition labels to see final nutrition information for both lunch and snack components.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Sesame, Wheat)
Sliced Turkey Breast
Semisweet Chocolate Chips
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Cut each pita into eight triangles. Place on a baking sheet and toss with a large drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake until golden and lightly toasted, 6-10 minutes. • Let cool completely on sheet (pita chips will crisp more as they cool).
• Halve orange lengthwise; slice into ½-inch-thick half-moons. Halve, core, and thinly slice bell pepper into strips. Stack gouda and slice stack into thirds (you’ll have 12 pieces; 24 pieces for 6 servings).
• Lay turkey slices out on a clean surface. Top each slice with a piece of gouda. (You’ll make 12 roll-ups; 24 roll-ups for 6 servings.) • Starting from the bottom of each turkey slice, tightly roll into roll-ups. TIP: For smaller roll-ups, halve each one crosswise.
• To serve: Divide turkey roll-ups, pita chips, bell pepper strips, and orange slices between plates. Serve with hummus on the side for dipping. • To stash: Store pita chips in a container at room temperature. Refrigerate rolls-ups, bell pepper strips, orange slices, and hummus in separate containers. Pack as desired!
• In a large microwave-safe bowl, toss chocolate chips with cornstarch. Stir in milk and ¼ tsp salt. • Microwave until chocolate chips begin to melt, 90 seconds. Carefully whisk chocolate mixture for 30 seconds. • Repeat microwaving and whisking 2-3 more times, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. (Keep a close eye on the chocolate while microwaving so it doesn’t boil or overflow!)
• Carefully divide pudding between three small bowls or storage containers (six bowls or containers for 6 servings). Place a layer of plastic wrap directly on top of pudding (this helps prevent a solid layer from forming on top!), then cover bowls with another layer of plastic wrap. • Refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour or up to overnight. Serve. TIP: It’s normal for pudding to separate. If it does, simply re-whisk before serving!