Want to whip up a Korean BBQ-inspired feast from the comfort of your very own kitchen? We’ve got you covered! This impressive multi-part meal comes together in just 40 minutes, and it couldn’t be easier. The main event is seared sirloin topped with scallion-studded bulgogi sauce. On the side, there’s aromatic jasmine rice and a bevvy of banchan (Korean small side dishes): roasted carrots, pickled cucumber with gochugaru (fiery Korean chili flakes), and a tangy, kimchi-style cabbage slaw. Yeah, you’re about to make alllll of that!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Rice Wine Vinegar
Korean Chili Flakes
Bulgogi Sauce(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into 1-inch-thick pieces. Trim and thinly slice cucumber into rounds. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. • In a small pot, combine rice, ¾ cup water, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 1½ cups water.
• While rice cooks, toss carrots on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil. Season with salt and pepper. • Roast on top rack until tender and golden brown at edges, 25-30 minutes.
• Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine half the vinegar, 1 tsp sugar, and sriracha to taste; stir to dissolve sugar. Add coleslaw mix and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. • In a small bowl, combine remaining vinegar, ½ tsp sugar, and chili flakes to taste; stir to dissolve sugar. Add cucumber and stir to coat. • Set both bowls aside, stirring occasionally, until ready to serve. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 tsp sugar in slaw and 1 tsp sugar in pickled cucumber.
• Pat steak* dry with paper towels and season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook to desired doneness, 3-6 minutes per side. Turn off heat; transfer to a cutting board to rest. Wipe out pan.
• Melt 1 TBSP butter in same pan over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. • Stir in bulgogi sauce and 1 TBSP water. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until warmed through, 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 TBSP butter and 2 TBSP water. • TIP: If sauce is too thick, stir in a splash of water.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter until melted. Season with salt and pepper. • Thinly slice steak against the grain. • Divide rice, steak, and carrots between plates. Spoon sauce over steak and sprinkle with scallion greens. Serve with individual bowls of kimchi-style slaw and pickled cucumber on the side. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 TBSP butter.