Tonight’s addictively sweet and savory tacos star mango in not one, but TWO ways. Mango juice simmers with spiced chicken breast strips and sautéed poblano and onion to form a sticky and satisfying filling, while chunks of the fruit are stirred into a refreshing salsa with onion, tomato, cilantro, and lime juice. This is one meal that’s just as pretty as it is to eat—taco ’bout a dinner winner!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Chicken Breast Strips
Southwest Spice Blend
• Wash and dry all produce. • Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion; mince a few slices until you have 2 TBSP (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Dice tomato. Drain mango, reserving juice. Roughly chop cilantro. Zest and quarter lime. Halve, core, and thinly slice poblano into strips.
• In a medium bowl, combine minced onion, tomato, mango, 1 TBSP mango juice (you’ll use the rest later), half the cilantro, a big squeeze of lime juice, and lime zest to taste. Season with a pinch of salt; set aside.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion, poblano, and a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are tender and lightly charred, 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. • Transfer to a plate.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels. • Heat another large drizzle of oil in pan used for veggies over mediumhigh heat. Add chicken, Southwest Spice, and Blackening Spice; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Stir in veggies, remaining mango juice, and remaining cilantro. Cook, stirring, until thoroughly combined, 1 minute. Turn off heat.
• While chicken cooks, in a small bowl, combine sour cream with hot sauce to taste. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt.
• Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels. Microwave until warm and pliable, about 30 seconds. • Divide tortillas between plates. Fill with chicken filling, salsa, and crema. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.