Mango Tango Chicken Tacos
with Hot Sauce Crema
Tonight’s addictively sweet and savory tacos star mango in not one, but TWO ways. Mango juice simmers with spiced chicken breast strips and sautéed poblano and onion to form a sticky and satisfying filling, while chunks of the fruit are stirred into a refreshing salsa with onion, tomato, cilantro, and lime juice. This is one meal that’s just as pretty as it is to eat—taco ’bout a dinner winner!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Breast Strips
Southwest Spice Blend
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry all produce. • Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion; mince a few slices until you have 2 TBSP (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Dice tomato. Drain mango, reserving juice. Roughly chop cilantro. Zest and quarter lime. Halve, core, and thinly slice poblano into strips.
• In a medium bowl, combine minced onion, tomato, mango, 1 TBSP mango juice (you’ll use the rest later), half the cilantro, a big squeeze of lime juice, and lime zest to taste. Season with a pinch of salt; set aside.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion, poblano, and a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are tender and lightly charred, 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. • Transfer to a plate.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels. • Heat another large drizzle of oil in pan used for veggies over mediumhigh heat. Add chicken, Southwest Spice, and Blackening Spice; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Stir in veggies, remaining mango juice, and remaining cilantro. Cook, stirring, until thoroughly combined, 1 minute. Turn off heat.
• While chicken cooks, in a small bowl, combine sour cream with hot sauce to taste. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt.
• Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels. Microwave until warm and pliable, about 30 seconds. • Divide tortillas between plates. Fill with chicken filling, salsa, and crema. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.