Mexican Street Corn Pasta
with Bell Pepper, Jalapeño & Pepper Jack
We've turned elote, the Mexican street corn snack that's traditionally made with lime juice, mayonnaise, chili powder, and Cojita cheese, into a filling dinner! Bell pepper, jalapeño, and fajita spices infuse this pasta with not-too-spicy chili flavor, while sweet corn and penne balance the heat. Then pasta is swirled with cream sauce, cream cheese, and pepper jack for a dreamy take on a traditional fave—right from the comfort of your own casa!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Cream Sauce Base
Pepper Jack Cheese
Fajita Spice Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Core, deseed, and finely dice bell pepper. Drain corn and pat dry with paper towels. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Mince half the jalapeño (whole jalapeño for 4 servings), removing ribs and seeds for less heat.
• Once water is boiling, add penne to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes. Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water (1 cup for 4 servings), then drain.
• While pasta cooks, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add bell pepper and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5-7 minutes. TIP: If bell pepper starts to char, add a few splashes of water.
• Add a drizzle of oil and corn to pan with the bell pepper. Cook until corn is lightly charred, 4-6 minutes. • Add scallion whites, garlic powder, half the Fajita Spice Blend (all for 4 servings), and minced jalapeño to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, 2-3 minutes. • Remove from heat. Transfer ¼ of the veggie mixture to a plate; reserve for serving.
• Return pan with remaining veggies to stovetop over low heat. Stir in drained penne, cream sauce base, cream cheese, half the pepper jack, half the scallion greens, and ¼ cup reserved pasta cooking water (½ cup for 4 servings). Cook, stirring, until cream cheese is just melted and pasta is coated in a creamy sauce. (For 4, if pan is too small, carefully transfer everything to empty pot used for pasta.) • Remove from heat; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted. Taste and season generously with salt and pepper. TIP: If needed, stir in more reserved cooking water a splash at a time.
• Divide pasta between bowls. Top with reserved veggies and remaining pepper jack. Garnish with remaining scallion greens and serve.