Marinating is the trick to juicy, tender, flavor-infused meat. The only problem? Foresight, planning, time...yeah, you’re busy enough during the week! As always, we’ve got you covered. This stellar steak comes pre-marinated(!) in Middle Eastern spices. And the flavor explosion doesn’t stop there: on the side, there’s garlicky, stock-simmered basmati rice, smoky roasted carrots and zucchini, homemade tzatziki, and crunchy almonds. The best part, though? Everything comes together in just 30 minutes. How’s that for a weeknight win?
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Middle Eastern Spiced Steak
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Sliced Almonds(ContainsTree Nuts)
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick halfmoons. Trim and grate cucumber on the largest holes of a box grater. Mince or grate garlic. Quarter lemon.
• Toss carrots and zucchini on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil, paprika, salt, and pepper. (For 4 servings, divide veggies between 2 sheets; roast carrots on top rack and zucchini on middle rack.) • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 18-22 minutes.
• Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a small pot (use a medium pot for 4 servings) over medium-high heat. Reserve a pinch of garlic (you’ll use it in the tzatziki); add remaining garlic to pot. Cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4), stock concentrate, and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, sour cream, half the cucumber (taste and add more from there if desired), juice from 1 lemon wedge (2 wedges for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Stir in reserved garlic if desired.
• Season steak* with salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. • Add steak and cook until browned, 4-7 minutes on first side. Flip, reduce heat to medium, and cook until browned and cooked to desired doneness, 4-7 minutes more. • Transfer to a cutting board to rest.
• Fluff rice with a fork and stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Divide between bowls. Arrange roasted veggies on one side of rice. • Slice steak against the grain and arrange next to veggies. Top with tzatziki and almonds. (TIP: Toast your almonds before garnishing if you like.) Sprinkle with chili flakes if desired. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.