Mozz-Stuffed Caprese Burgers
with Griddled Tomato, Creamy Pesto & Potato Wedges
Meet Caprese salad—burger-fied! Yep, our chefs transformed everyone’s favorite Italian appetizer into a dinner-worthy burger. And no, they didn’t just combine the two by stacking tomato, mozzarella, and basil on top of a plain ol’ patty—they took it to a whole new level. Think Italian-seasoned beef patties stuffed with melty mozz, then topped with griddled tomato slices and a creamy pesto sauce. Everything is tucked into toasted buns and served with a heap of crispy potato wedges on the side. Buon appetito!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
(Contains Eggs, Milk, Soy, Wheat)
(Contains Eggs, Soy)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Cut potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges; toss on a baking sheet with 2 TBSP olive oil (4 TBSP for 4 servings), half the Italian Seasoning (you’ll use the rest later), and a few big pinches of salt and pepper. • Roast on top rack until tender and crisped, 20-25 minutes.
• While potatoes roast, slice tomato into ½-inch-thick rounds.
• In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and half the pesto (you’ll use the rest in the next step). Season with salt and pepper.
• In a medium bowl, combine beef*, remaining Italian Seasoning, and remaining pesto; season generously with salt and pepper. Form mixture into two ½-inch-thick rounds (four rounds for 4 servings). • Divide mozzarella between the centers of each round. Gently fold meat around mozzarella, shaping and sealing to create cheese-stuffed patties, each slightly wider than a burger bun.
• Season tomato with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over mediumhigh heat. Add tomato and cook until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. • Add another drizzle of olive oil to same pan; add patties and cook to desired doneness, 3-5 minutes per side.
• Meanwhile, halve and toast buns. • Spread top buns with creamy pesto; fill buns with patties and griddled tomato. • Divide burgers between plates. Serve with potato wedges and any remaining creamy pesto on the side for dipping.