We love pasta in all its forms, but there’s something extra-special about ravioli—especially when it’s stuffed with earthy mushrooms. Here, we toss the tender pasta pillows with garlicky kale and toasted walnuts. It’s all served in a heavenly sauce of silky crème fraîche and rich brown butter, then sprinkled with Parmesan to bring home all those creamy, nutty notes. It’s pasta-tively delicious!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Mushroom Ravioli(ContainsMilk, Eggs, Wheat)
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Halve, peel, and thinly slice shallot. Remove and discard any large stems from half the kale (all for 4 servings); thinly slice leaves. Peel and mince or grate garlic.
• Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook until slightly softened, 1-2 minutes. • Add kale and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until tender, 5-7 minutes. TIP: If needed, add a splash of water to help soften kale. • Stir in garlic and another drizzle of olive oil. Cook until fragrant, 30 seconds more. • Turn off heat. Remove from pan; set aside.
• Once water is boiling, gently add ravioli to pot, then reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and floating to the top, 3-4 minutes. Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water, then drain.
• While ravioli cook, melt 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) in pan used for kale over medium heat. • Once butter has melted, add walnuts. Cook, stirring, until walnuts smell toasty and butter is foamy and flecked with amber brown bits, 2-3 minutes.
• Add kale mixture to pan with walnuts. • Stir in stock concentrate, crème fraîche, and ¼ cup reserved pasta cooking water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings). • Bring to a simmer, then stir in ravioli. Cook, stirring, until ravioli are thoroughly coated in sauce, 1-2 minutes. (Add more pasta cooking water a splash at a time if needed.) Season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat.
• Divide pasta between bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.