If you thought nachos couldn’t get any more customizable, think again. This week, our chefs have swapped out the typical tortilla chips for… drumroll please… PORK BURGERS (yes, you read that right!). You’ll cover patties in a gooey cheese sauce, and top them with crispy fried onions and roasted jalapeño. Sweet potato wedges and extra cheese sauce on the side complete the meal. Get ready: there’s no way this is NACHO-favorite dinner.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Cream Sauce Base(ContainsMilk)
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Brioche Buns(ContainsMilk, Eggs, Soy, Wheat)
Crispy Fried Onions(ContainsWheat)
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Cut sweet potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges. Slice jalapeño crosswise into ¼-inch-thick rounds. TIP: Remove ribs and seeds for less heat.
• Toss sweet potatoes on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, half the Fry Seasoning (you’ll use the rest later), salt, and pepper. TIP: For easy cleanup, line baking sheet with aluminum foil first. • Roast on top rack until lightly golden, 15 minutes (you’ll add more to the sheet in step 4).
• While sweet potatoes roast, cut top off of cream sauce to open fully; pour contents into a medium microwave-safe bowl. Using a spoon or spatula, scrape any remaining sauce from carton into bowl. • Stir in stock concentrate. Microwave until steaming, 1 minute. • Whisk in cheddar until smooth and slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. • Microwave 30 seconds more, then stir again.
• Once sweet potatoes have roasted 15 minutes, carefully push slightly to one side and add jalapeño to empty side of same sheet. • Return to top rack until veggies are tender, 5-10 minutes more.
• Meanwhile, in a second medium bowl, mix pork* with remaining Fry Seasoning. Form into two patties (four patties for 4 servings), each slightly wider than a burger bun. Season generously all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook until browned and cooked through, 4-7 minutes per side. • Meanwhile, halve buns; toast until golden. Spread cut sides with 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4).
• Roughly chop roasted jalapeño. Microwave cheese sauce until warmed through, 30 seconds; whisk in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) and chopped jalapeño to taste. • Fill buns with patties, cheese sauce, and crispy fried onions. Divide burgers between plates; serve with sweet potato wedges and any remaining cheese sauce on the side for dipping.