If you thought nachos couldn’t get any more customizable, think again. This week, our chefs have swapped out the typical tortilla chips for… drumroll please… CRISPY POTATO WEDGES (yes, you read that right!). In the last few minutes of roasting, the oven fries are topped with saucy, spiced black beans and plenty of melty cheese, then loaded up with toppings: guacamole, lime crema, pickled onion, hot sauce, and chopped tomato and cilantro. We can’t decide if we have more fun assembling this dish, or eating it!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Southwest Spice Blend
Mexican Cheese Blend(ContainsMilk)
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Cut potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges. Toss on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. (For 4 servings, divide between 2 sheets.) • Roast on top rack until browned and crispy, 20-25 minutes.
• While potatoes roast, drain and rinse beans. • In a medium pot, stir together beans, Southwest Spice, Tex-Mex paste, and 1⁄3 cup water (½ cup for 4 servings). Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat; cook until liquid has mostly evaporated and beans are saucy, 8-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and cover to keep warm.
• Meanwhile, halve, peel, and thinly slice half the onion; mince a few slices until you have 1 TBSP. (For 4 servings, thinly slice whole onion; mince a few slices until you have 2 TBSP.) Quarter lime. Dice tomato. Roughly chop cilantro. • In a small bowl, combine sliced onion, juice from half the lime, ¼ tsp sugar (½ tsp for 4), a splash of water, and a pinch of salt. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1 minute. Let stand until ready to serve.
• In a second small bowl, combine guacamole, minced onion, and half the cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. • In a third small bowl, combine sour cream with a squeeze of lime juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
• Once potatoes are done, remove baking sheet from oven; carefully arrange into two piles on sheet. (For 4 servings, arrange into two piles on each sheet.) • Evenly top each pile with beans and Mexican cheese. Return to top rack until cheese melts, 2-3 minutes more.
• Divide loaded potato wedges between plates; dollop with guacamole and lime sour cream. Sprinkle with tomato, remaining cilantro, and as much pickled onion (draining first) as you like. Drizzle with hot sauce to taste. Serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side.