One-Pan Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Melts
with Chicken Thighs, Green Pepper & Spicy Cream Sauce
Melty cheese. Creamy sauce. One pan, and minimal clean up. Yeah, that’s a recipe for mealtime success! Tonight, we’ve got juicy dark meat chicken and green pepper-stuffed tortilla melts filled with two luscious fillings: cheddar cheese and a spicy cream sauce. Don't worry, there's extra sauce for dipping! The best part? This melted goodness all comes together in just 25 minutes.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Long Green Pepper
Diced Chicken Thighs
Beef Stock Concentrate
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • Halve, core, and thinly slice green pepper into strips. • In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine sour cream, cream cheese, 1 tsp water (2 tsp for 4 servings), and hot sauce to taste. (Start with half the hot sauce, then taste and add more from there if you like things spicy.) Microwave until softened, 30 seconds. Stir to combine.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add green pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, 2-3 minutes.
• Add chicken* to pan with green pepper. Season with a big pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned and cooked through and green pepper is tender, 4-6 minutes. • Stir in stock concentrate until combined. Turn off heat.
• Place tortillas on a clean work surface. • Spread one half of each tortilla with half the spicy cream sauce (save the rest for serving). Using a slotted spoon, top cream sauce with chicken filling, then sprinkle with cheddar. Fold tortillas in half to create tortilla melts.
• Wipe out pan used for filling. Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in same pan over medium heat. • Add tortilla melts (work in batches for 4); cook until tortillas are golden brown and cheese melts, 3-4 minutes per side. • Transfer to a paper-towel-lined cutting board.
• Cut tortilla melts into wedges. • Divide between plates and serve with remaining spicy cream sauce on top or on the side for dipping.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.