The week just isn’t complete without a taco night. If you agree (and how could you not?), you’re in luck! Our chefs put together a sweet and savory version that’s sure to satisfy. There’s richly-spiced chicken breast strips marinated in pineapple juice, plus charred pepper and onion, a pineapple salsa, and cooling sour cream, all piled into steamy-soft tortillas. Taco’bout a killer meal.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Southwest Spice Blend
Chicken Breast Strips
Long Green Pepper
Flour Tortillas(ContainsWheat, Soy)
• In a large bowl, combine Tex-Mex paste with Southwest Spice. Slightly open top of pineapple cup and pour juice into same bowl, leaving pineapple behind. • Pat chicken* dry with paper towels. Add chicken and a big pinch of salt to bowl; toss to combine. Set aside to marinate until step 5.
• Wash and dry produce. • Roughly chop pineapple. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion; mince a few slices until you have 2 TBSP (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Roughly chop cilantro. Quarter lime. Halve, core, and thinly slice green pepper into strips.
• In a small bowl, combine pineapple, minced onion, half the cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add green pepper and sliced onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and slightly softened, 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium.
• Add chicken and marinade to pan with veggies. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and marinade has reduced, 5-7 minutes. TIP: If your marinade begins to burn before chicken is fully cooked, add a splash of water. • Remove pan from heat; stir in remaining cilantro.
• While chicken cooks, wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds. • Divide tortillas between plates and fill with chicken mixture. Top with pineapple salsa and dollop with sour cream. Serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side.