Pineappley Pork Meatloaves
with a Sweet Potato & Bell Pepper Jumble
Sweet and savory is a combo we can always get behind (for dinner, dessert, and snacks—hello, Chicago-style popcorn). This week, our ode to the dynamic flavor duo takes the form of personal-portioned pork meatloaves glazed with a mix of hoisin and pineapple juice. On the side, there’s roasted sweet potatoes, bell pepper, and caramelized pineapple chunks. After one bite, your taste buds will be lighting up like a pinball machine.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Green Bell Pepper
(Contains Wheat, Soy)
Kikkoman® Hoisin Sauce
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust racks to top and middle positions and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens; mince whites. Dice sweet potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Core, deseed, and dice bell pepper into ½-inch pieces. Thinly slice chili.
• Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set aside 2 tsp juice for glaze (4 tsp for 4 servings). In a large bowl, soak bread with remaining pineapple juice. Once liquid has mostly absorbed, break mixture up with your hands until pasty. • Stir in pork* and scallion whites. Season generously with salt (we used ¾ tsp) and pepper. (Use 1½ tsp salt for 4.)
• Form pork mixture into two 1-inch-tall loaves (four loaves for 4 servings). Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly oil. Place meatloaves on one side of prepared sheet. Spread pineapple out on empty side. • In a small bowl, combine hoisin and reserved pineapple juice. Brush tops of meatloaves with half the hoisin glaze (you’ll use the rest of the glaze later).
• On a second baking sheet, toss sweet potatoes and bell pepper with a large drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. TIP: For easy cleanup, line baking sheet with foil first. • Roast meatloaves on top rack and veggies on middle rack until meatloaves are browned and veggies are tender, 20 minutes (the meatloaves will finish cooking in the next step).
• Once everything has roasted 20 minutes, remove sheet with meatloaves and pineapple, leaving veggies in the oven. Transfer pineapple to a plate; set aside. Brush meatloaves with remaining hoisin glaze. • Return to top rack until meatloaves are cooked through and glaze is tacky, 4-5 minutes more.
• Slice meatloaves crosswise. • Divide between plates with veggies. Top meatloaves with pineapple and garnish with scallion greens. If you like things spicy, add a pinch of chili to taste. Serve.