Saucy Pork Burrito Bowls
with Charred Poblano, Smoky Crema, Salsa Fresca & Cilantro Lime Rice
Bowls are way past “having a moment.” They’ve become a pillar of our lunches and dinners. Why? It’s simple: Everything’s better in a bowl! (Nice knowing you, plates.) But seriously, the customizable combo of carbs, protein, veggies, and a drizzle of delicious sauce cannot be beat. True to form, this Tex-Mex rendition is fully loaded. Steamy cilantro-lime rice is topped with saucy spiced ground pork, charred poblano and onion, salsa fresca, and smoky red pepper crema. Who needs a tortilla when you’ve got #bowlgoals!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Smoky Red Pepper Crema
(Contains Milk, Soy)
Not included in your delivery
• In a small pot, combine rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, wash and dry all produce. • Finely dice tomato. Halve, peel, and cut half the onion (whole onion for 4 servings) into ½-inch-thick wedges. Mince one wedge until you have 1 TBSP (2 TBSP for 4). Zest and quarter lime. Core, deseed, and dice poblano into ½-inch pieces. Mince cilantro.
• In a small bowl, combine tomato, minced onion, and a big squeeze of lime juice; season with salt. • Add smoky red pepper crema to a separate small bowl. Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pan (use a large pan for 4 servings) over medium-high heat. Add poblano and onion wedges. Season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly charred, 7-9 minutes. • Transfer to a plate.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add pork* and a big pinch of salt. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned, 4-6 minutes. • Stir in Tex-Mex paste and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings) until combined. Bring to a simmer and cook until mixture is saucy and pork is cooked through, 1-2 minutes more. • Turn off heat.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in lime zest and half the cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. TIP: Stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) for extra richness. • Divide rice between bowls and top with veggies, saucy pork, any remaining sauce from pan, salsa, crema, and remaining cilantro. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.