Sesame Mushroom Lo Mein
with Snap Peas, Carrots & Scallions
A bowl of homemade veggie lo mein is the ultimate vegan comfort meal, without the price and hassle of takeout! You’ll toss tender, chewy noodles with a stir-fry of earthy mushrooms, crisp snap peas, and carrots, then coat it all in an umami-rich blend of soy sauce and sesame oil. Sprinkle with scallions and drizzle with Sriracha for a spicy kick just before serving. Get ready to curl up in your favorite spot and dig into these noodle bowls in just 20 minutes!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Sugar Snap Peas
Lo Mein Noodles
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and slice mushrooms (skip if your mushrooms are pre-sliced!). Trim and remove strings from snap peas. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
• Once water is boiling, add noodles to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 5-7 minutes. • Drain and set aside.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and slightly crispy, 3-5 minutes. • Add snap peas, carrots, scallion whites, and another drizzle of oil. Cook, stirring, until veggies are just tender, 2-3 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
• In a small bowl (medium bowl for 4 servings), combine sesame oil, soy sauce, stock concentrate, half the Sriracha, and ¼ cup water (½ cup for 4).
• Stir drained noodles and sesame sauce into pan with veggies. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, 1-2 minutes (3-4 minutes for 4 servings). Taste and season lightly with pepper if desired.
• Divide sesame mushroom lo mein between bowls. Garnish with scallion greens and drizzle with remaining Sriracha to taste. Serve.