Smoky Barramundi with Brown Butter
plus Mashed Potatoes & Roasted Broccoli
Fishing for a square meal that’s bursting with flavor? We’ve got just the thing! For the main event, there’s crispy, smoked-paprika-rubbed barramundi fillets drizzled with a lemony, scallion-studded brown butter sauce. On the side, there’s roasted broccoli and sour cream mashed potatoes. It’s never been more hip to be square.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust racks to top and middle positions and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Zest and quarter lemon.
• Place potatoes in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain and return potatoes to pot. Mash with sour cream and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until smooth, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed. Season generously with salt and pepper. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While potatoes cook, cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces if necessary; toss on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until golden brown and crispy, 15-20 minutes.
• While broccoli roasts, pat barramundi* dry with paper towels. Rub each fillet with a drizzle of oil. Season generously all over with salt and pepper, then rub paprika into flesh sides. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add barramundi skin sides down; cook until skin is crispy, 3 minutes. Turn off heat. • Transfer barramundi skin sides down to a second lightly oiled baking sheet. Roast on middle rack until cooked through, 10-12 minutes.
• Meanwhile, heat pan used for barramundi over medium heat. Add 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) and scallion whites. Cook, carefully swirling butter, until foamy and flecked with amber brown bits, 2-3 minutes. • Turn off heat and add a big squeeze of lemon juice. Stir in lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
• Divide mashed potatoes, barramundi, and broccoli between plates. Top potatoes and barramundi with brown butter and sprinkle with scallion greens. (TIP: If brown butter is done before the rest of the meal, reheat over low heat, stirring, for 1 minute.) Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.