There are few things more satisfying than shrimp for dinner. These shellfish-loaded tacos are hearty, filling, and most of all: totally delicious. Tender bites of seared, Southwest-spiced shrimp are piled into warm tortillas along with a tangle of poblano and onion, hot sauce crema, and fresh pico de gallo. Taco’bout a weeknight win!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Southwest Spice Blend
• Wash and dry all produce. • Halve, core, and slice poblano into ¼-inch-thick strips. Halve and peel onion. Finely dice onion until you have 2 TBSP (4 TBSP for 4 servings); thinly slice remaining. Finely dice tomato. Zest and quarter lime (for 4, zest 1 lime and quarter both).
• Rinse shrimp* under cold water, then pat dry with paper towels. • In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, Southwest Spice, and a squeeze of lime juice. Set aside to marinate.
• In a second medium bowl, combine diced onion, tomato, half the lime zest, ¼ tsp sugar (½ tsp for 4 servings), and a squeeze of lime juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
• In a small bowl, combine sour cream with as much hot sauce as you like. Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium high heat. Add poblano, sliced onion, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and tender, 6-7 minutes. Transfer to a plate. • Add another large drizzle of oil and shrimp to pan. Cook until shrimp are opaque and cooked through, 3-4 minutes. • Stir in remaining lime zest and juice from remaining lime wedges. Season with salt and pepper.
• Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave until warm, about 30 seconds. • Divide tortillas between plates and fill with shrimp and veggies. Top with pico de gallo and crema. Serve.