Spicy Shrimp & Broccoli Stir-Fry
in a Sweet Chili Soy Glaze over Jasmine Rice
Love shrimp and broccoli? Then you’ll adore our tasty twist on the tried-and-true classic. Succulent seared shrimp and tender broccoli are simmered in a sweet chili and soy sauce mixture that’s spiked with fresh ginger. On the side, there’s a heap of steamy jasmine rice (aka the perfect vessel for catching any delicious runaway sauce). Skip the takeout joint and find out how easy and tasty it is to whip up this dish in your very own kitchen... in just 20 minutes, no less!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• In a small pot, combine rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, wash and dry produce. • Cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces if necessary. Peel and mince or grate ginger. • In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with ¼ cup warm water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings); stir in chili sauce and soy sauce.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and 2 tsp water. Cover and steam for 3-5 minutes. • Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is browned and tender, 3-5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
• Rinse shrimp* under cold water, then pat dry with paper towels. Season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for broccoli over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes. • Add 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) and ginger; cook until ginger is fragrant and shrimp is opaque and cooked through, 1 minute more.
• Add glaze to pan with shrimp. Bring to a boil and cook until sauce is thickened and glossy, 1-2 minutes. TIP: If sauce is too thick, stir in a splash of water. • Stir in broccoli until coated. Remove pan from heat.
• Fluff rice with a fork; season with salt. • Divide rice between bowls; top with stir-fry. Sprinkle with as many sesame seeds as you like and serve.