Sweet Chili Pork Bowls
with Bell Pepper & Candied Peanuts
Forget takeout: The path to sweet-and-savory dinner bliss is only 30 minutes away! In this recipe, pork, pepper, and onion are coated in a sumptuous sweet chili sauce, and peanuts are transformed into the perfect crunchy topping. Everything comes together over a bed of fluffy rice. The results? A symphony of flavors and textures so delicious, you might just lick the bowl.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Sweet Soy Glaze
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • Halve, core, and thinly slice bell pepper into strips. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion. Zest and quarter lime. Finely chop cilantro.
• In a small pot, combine rice, 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, heat a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add peanuts, 2 TBSP water, and 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4 servings). Cook, stirring often, until water has evaporated and peanuts are coated and lightly toasted, 3-5 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer to a small bowl. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until tender and lightly browned, 6-9 minutes. • Transfer veggies to a plate.
• Add a drizzle of oil to same pan over medium-high heat. Add pork*; season with salt and pepper. Using a spatula, press into an even layer. Cook, undisturbed, until browned on bottom, 3-4 minutes. • Break up meat into pieces and continue cooking until pork is cooked through, 2-4 minutes. • Stir in cooked veggies, then add sweet soy glaze, chili sauce, and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Cook, stirring, until mixture is thoroughly coated, 1-2 minutes more.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) and lime zest to taste. Season with salt. • Divide rice between bowls and top with pork mixture, peanuts, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges on the side.