Peanut butter and jelly. Apples with peanut butter. Chocolate peanut butter cups. There are some nutty pairings that just seem to work perfectly together. Pork and peanut butter may seem like an unlikely combo, but it steals the show tonight: Ground pork is simmered in a sweet and spicy peanut sauce, then draped over ramen noodles. That’s all garnished with scallions, chili flakes, and even more peanuts. We’d never call you nutty for licking this bowl clean.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Sweet Soy Glaze(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Pork Ramen Stock Concentrate
Szechuan Paste(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Rice Wine Vinegar
• Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince garlic. Trim scallions; cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Thinly slice ¼ of the scallion greens; set aside. Trim and peel carrot; grate on the largest holes of a box grater. Roughly chop peanuts.
• In a small bowl, whisk together sweet soy glaze, stock concentrate, half the Szechuan paste, half the vinegar, half the peanut butter, 1½ tsp sugar, ¼ cup water, and chili flakes to taste until smooth. (For 4 servings, use all the Szechuan paste, vinegar, and peanut butter, 3 tsp sugar, and 1⁄3 cup water.)
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add pork*. Using a spatula, press into an even layer. Cook, undisturbed, until browned on bottom, 3-4 minutes. • Break up meat into pieces and continue cooking until pork is cooked through, 2-4 minutes more.
• Add garlic and scallion pieces to pan with pork; cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Stir in sauce. Cook until sauce has reduced and thickened slightly, 1-2 minutes.
• Add ¾ of the noodles to pot of boiling water (we sent more); cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 1-2 minutes. Drain and thoroughly rinse under cold water, at least 30 seconds. TIP: This stops cooking and helps prevent sticky noodles. • Add cooked noodles, carrot, and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) to pan with pork mixture. Toss until noodles are warmed through and everything is thoroughly combined, 1-2 minutes. (TIP: If needed, stir in water a splash at a time until pasta is thoroughly coated in sauce.) Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Divide stir-fry between bowls. Top with sliced scallion greens, peanuts, and remaining chili flakes to taste. Serve.