Forget the 14-hour flight and flower lei—we’re packing all the deliciousness of a luau feast into one quick and delicious dish! You’re about to experience a melange of sweet and savory flavors inspired by the Aloha state. We’re talking bright kiwi and tomato salsa, creamy garlic-lime crema, a tangle of lightly charred veggies, and crispy teriyaki pork, all arranged over fluffy jasmine rice. Prepare your taste buds for a trip to the tropics.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Long Green Pepper
• Wash and dry all produce. • Peel and dice kiwi. Dice tomato. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion; finely dice a few slices until you have 2 TBSP. Zest and quarter lime. Peel and mince garlic. Halve, core, and thinly slice green pepper crosswise into strips.
• Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a small pot over medium high heat. Add rice and stir to coat. Stir in ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4) and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine kiwi, tomato, diced onion, and a squeeze of lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. • In a small bowl, combine sour cream, half the lime zest, and a pinch of garlic to taste. Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add green pepper and sliced onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until tender and lightly browned, 6-7 minutes. • Add remaining garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Transfer veggies to a plate.
• Heat another drizzle of oil in pan used for veggies over medium-high heat. Add pork*; season with salt and pepper. Using a spatula, press into an even layer. Cook, without stirring, until browned on bottom, 3-4 minutes. Break up meat into pieces and continue cooking until pork is cooked through, 1-2 minutes more. • Return cooked veggies to pan. Stir in teriyaki sauce, 1 tsp sugar (1½ tsp for 4 servings), and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4). Cook until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in remaining lime zest and season with salt. • Divide rice between bowls and top with pork mixture, kiwi salsa, and garlic lime crema. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.