Tex-Mex Shrimp & Yellow Rice
with Poblano, Fresh Salsa & Creamy Cilantro Sauce
Hopelessly hooked on burrito bowls? Skip the takeout joint and satisfy your Tex-Mex cravings at home with this decked-out version! You know how everything tastes 20x better (a scientific number) when you cook it yourself? Once you dig into layers of savory yellow rice, bold spiced shrimp, a tangle of tender veggies, cooling cilantro-lime sauce, and fresh salsa, you’ll swear off fast casual forever.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• In a small pot, combine rice, stock concentrate, ¼ tsp turmeric (be sure to measure), ¾ cup water, and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve. • 4 SERVINGS: Use ½ tsp turmeric and 1½ cups water.
• Meanwhile, wash and dry all produce. • Rinse shrimp* under cold water, then pat dry with paper towels. • Halve, core, and thinly slice poblano into strips. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion. Dice tomato. Roughly chop cilantro. Quarter lime. Mince or grate garlic.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add poblano and onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until softened, 6-8 minutes. • In the last 1-2 minutes of cooking, stir in garlic. • Turn off heat; transfer veggies to a medium bowl.
• While veggies cook, in a small bowl, combine tomato, half the cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice, salt, and pepper. • In a separate small bowl, combine sour cream, a squeeze of lime juice, and remaining cilantro. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a pan used for veggies over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, until firm and cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat to low. • Add Tex-Mex paste; stir until shrimp is thoroughly coated, 30 seconds. Stir in ¼ cup water until combined. • Stir veggies back into pan. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, 2-4 minutes. • Turn off heat and stir in 1 TBSP butter. • 4 SERVINGS: 1/3 cup water.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter and season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between bowls and top with shrimp and veggies, salsa, and crema. Serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 TBSP butter.