Mad for meatballs but ready to break out of your usual routine? Well, you’re in luck! This ballin’ dish has just the thing: Our chefs ditched classic marinara sauce and spaghetti for a coconut-chili-lime sauce and a bed of sweet coconut-laced rice. As a bonus, they’re also throwing in tender roasted green beans and a scattering of scallions and crunchy peanuts. Say goodbye to pasta and prepare yourself for a Thai-inspired flavor explosion.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Coconut Milk(ContainsTree Nuts)
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce(ContainsSoy)
• Adjust rack to top position (middle and top positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Place rice in a fine-mesh strainer and rinse until water runs clear. Peel and mince or grate ginger. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens; mince whites. Zest and quarter lime.
• Thoroughly shake coconut milk in container before opening. • In a small pot, combine ¼ cup coconut milk (you’ll use the rest later), ½ cup water, 1 TBSP butter, ½ tsp sugar, and a big pinch of salt. (For 4 servings, use ½ cup coconut milk, 1 cup water, 2 TBSP butter, and 1 tsp sugar.) • Bring to a boil, then stir in rice, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid has absorbed and rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat for at least 10 minutes or until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, in a large bowl, combine pork*, panko, ginger, scallion whites, salt (we used ¾ tsp; 1½ tsp for 4 servings), and pepper. • Form into 10-12 (20-24 for 4) 1½-inch meatballs.
• Place meatballs on one side of a lightly oiled baking sheet. Toss green beans on empty side with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. (For 4 servings, divide between 2 sheets; roast meatballs on middle rack and green beans on top rack.) • Roast on top rack until meatballs are cooked through and green beans are browned and tender, 14-16 minutes.
• When meatballs and green beans have 5 minutes left, combine chili sauce with remaining coconut milk in a large pan; heat over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until reduced by about half, 2-3 minutes. • Turn off heat. Stir in a squeeze of lime juice to taste.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in lime zest and season with salt and pepper. • Add meatballs to pan with coconut chili sauce; toss to coat. • Divide rice between bowls; top with meatballs and green beans. Spoon any remaining sauce over meatballs. Sprinkle with peanuts and scallion greens. Serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side.