What could be better than a caprese salad? One that has plump, savory, cheesy tortelloni in it! For this 10-minute vegetarian “anytime salad,” you’ll heat up tortelloni until tender, then toss it with juicy grape tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and creamy, herbaceous basil pesto—easy-peasy nice and cheesy (just like us!).
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Tortelloni(ContainsWheat, Eggs, Milk)
• Place tortelloni and ½ cup water (1 cup for 4 servings) in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap; microwave for 2 minutes (3 minutes for 4 servings). Carefully shake bowl, keeping it covered, to toss tortelloni several times; microwave until pasta is tender, 2-4 minutes more. (No microwave? No problem! Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add tortelloni to pot. Reduce to a low simmer and cook until tender and floating to the top, 3-4 minutes).
• Drain tortelloni; rinse with cold water until cooled. Shake off excess water; pat dry with paper towels. Wash and dry bowl. Return tortelloni to same bowl.
• Wash and dry produce. Halve tomatoes. Dice mozzarella into ½-inch pieces.
• In a small bowl, combine pesto and sour cream; taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Add tomatoes, mozzarella, and creamy pesto to bowl with tortelloni. Stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Divide pasta salad between bowls and serve.