Truffled Triple Cheese Tortelloni Bake
2x the delicious servings!
Thanks to a few delicious tricks of the trade, you’ll have this luxurious, comforting big batch truffle pasta bake on the table in about 30 minutes. Our first trick is using cheesy tortelloni (tortellini’s bigger, cheesier cousin). Next up are sautéed mushrooms in a velvety sauce with mozzarella and our Italian cheese blend. A sprinkle of truffle zest imparts a distinctive bold earthiness in seconds, and a crunchy Parmesan panko topping turns beautifully golden brown and crunchy in the oven. For the final trick, take that dish straight to the table to serve family style for all to enjoy. This recipe is double the typical servings, providing 4 servings and 8 servings for a 2 person and 4 person box respectively.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Eggs, Milk, Wheat)
Cream Sauce Base
Italian Cheese Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and thinly slice mushrooms (skip if your mushrooms are pre-sliced!). Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
• Once water is boiling, add tortelloni to pot. Reduce to a low simmer and cook until tender and floating to the top, 3-4 minutes. Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water (1 cup for 8 servings), then drain. • Wash and dry pot.
• While tortelloni cooks, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and scallion whites; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are browned and slightly crispy, 5-7 minutes. Season with pepper.
• While mushrooms cook, in a small bowl, combine panko, scallion greens, Parmesan, half the truffle zest (you'll use the rest in next step), 2 TBSP olive oil, and ½ tsp salt (4 TBSP olive oil and 1 tsp salt for 8 servings).
• In empty pot used for tortelloni, heat cream sauce base over medium heat until steaming and slightly bubbling, 1-2 minutes. • Whisk in mozzarella and Italian cheese blend a handful at a time, alternating cheeses and whisking constantly between additions, until melted. • Remove from heat and stir in remaining truffle zest. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired. TIP: Stir in splashes of reserved pasta cooking water if sauce is too thick.
• Add drained tortelloni and mushrooms to pot with sauce and stir to thoroughly combine. Transfer everything to an 8-by-8-inch baking dish (9-by-13-inch baking dish for 8 servings). • Top evenly with panko mixture and bake on top rack until topping is golden brown and sauce is bubbling, 8-10 minutes.
• Divide tortelloni bake between plates or serve family style directly from baking dish. TIP: Add some chili flakes from your pantry for a spicy kick!