Tunisian-Spiced Grilling Cheese Bowls
with Couscous, Roasted Sweet Potato & Wilted Spinach
For this easy vegetarian dinner idea, our chefs just throw a big hunk of cheese directly into a hot pan. Yeah, it took us by surprise too, but it’s all about the halloumi—a sturdy Middle Eastern cheese that’s built for this technique. You’ll season the cheese with a Tunisian-style spice blend, sear it until golden brown on both sides, then serve it over a springy bowl of couscous with tender roasted sweet potato, spinach, and golden raisins. As it turns out, it IS easy being cheesy!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Mushroom Stock Concentrate
Tunisian Spice Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Dice sweet potato into ¼-inch pieces. Toss on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 18-20 minutes.
• While sweet potato roasts, peel and mince garlic.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot (medium pot for 4 servings) over medium-high heat. Add garlic, couscous, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant and couscous is lightly toasted, 30 seconds. • Stir in stock concentrate and ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4). Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook until tender, 6-8 minutes. • Keep covered until ready to serve. (You’ll finish the couscous in Step 5.)
• Slice grilling cheese lengthwise into four large pieces (eight pieces for 4 servings). Place Tunisian Spice Blend on a plate. Coat grilling cheese in spice blend, pressing to adhere. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. (TIP: Make sure your oil is shimmering before searing!) Add grilling cheese and cook until browned, 1-2 minutes per side.
• Add roasted sweet potato, spinach, and raisins to pot with couscous. TIP: For richer flavor, add 1 TBSP butter; 2 TBSP for 4 servings. • Stir until spinach is slightly wilted and butter has melted.
• Divide veggie couscous between bowls and top with grilling cheese. Serve.