Vegan Sweet Potato, Black Bean & Kale Tacos
with Crispy Fried Onions, Lime Drizzle & Guacamole
What are sweet potatoes doing in a taco, you ask? Everything, we say! These tasty tubers are the perfect way to make Tex-Mex night meatless. You’ll season them with our Mexican spice blend and roast them until tender and lightly crisped. Spread warm tortillas with guacamole, add saucy, savory sautéed kale and black beans, load in the sweet potatoes, then bring on the toppings! A drizzle of creamy vegan lime mayonnaise and sprinkle of crispy fried onions add brightness and crunch for “perfect bites” all the way through.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Mexican Spice Blend
Mushroom Stock Concentrate
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Crispy Fried Onions
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425. Wash and dry produce. • Peel, trim, and cut sweet potatoes into ½-inch-thick quarter-moons. Zest and quarter lime. Remove and discard any large stems from kale; chop into bite-size pieces. Drain and rinse beans; transfer to a large bowl and mash about half the beans, leaving some whole.
• Toss sweet potatoes on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, half the Mexican Spice Blend, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 18-20 minutes.
• Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan (for 4 servings, work in two batches or use two large pans) over medium-high heat. Add kale, beans, stock concentrates, garlic powder, remaining Mexican Spice Blend, and ¼ cup water (⅓ cup for 4 servings). Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is slightly reduced and kale is wilted, 3-5 minutes. • Remove from heat; stir in juice of one lime wedge (two wedges for 4). Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
• While veggies cook, in a small bowl, combine vegan mayo with juice of one lime wedge (two wedges for 4 servings) and as much lime zest as you like.
• Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds.
• Spread a thin layer of guacamole on tortillas. Fill with kale and bean mixture and sweet potatoes. Spoon lime drizzle over top and garnish with crispy fried onions. • Divide tacos between plates and serve with remaining lime wedges.