Vegan Tofu Bibimbap
with Cabbage, Carrots & Gochujang Pickles
The only thing more fun than saying “bibimbap” is eating it! Our plant-based riff on the classic Korean dish is positively bursting with flavorful goodness. Stir-fried red cabbage and carrots are tossed in an aromatic, spicy-sweet sauce, and served over a bed of steamy rice along with browned tofu crumbles, tangy, sweet-and-spicy gochujang pickled cucumber, and sesame seeds, all just waiting to be mixed up and savored.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Super Select Cucumber
Red Cabbage & Carrot Mix
(Contains Soy, Sesame, Wheat)
Rice Wine Vinegar
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Korean Chili Flakes
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • Trim and halve cucumber lengthwise; thinly slice into half-moons. Trim scallions, then cut crosswise into ½-inch pieces. Peel and mince or grate garlic. • Open and drain tofu; press out excess water with paper towels. Crumble tofu into pea-size pieces over a large bowl.
• In a small pot, combine rice, 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups for 4 servings), and ½ tsp salt (1 tsp for 4). Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve. • Place cucumber in a medium bowl; season generously with salt and toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes; rinse thoroughly. Drain cucumber and return to bowl.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add scallions and cook, stirring, until lightly charred, 3-5 minutes. • Add red cabbage and carrot mix; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened and lightly browned, 1-2 minutes more. • Remove pan from heat. Transfer veggies to a second medium bowl; toss with half the sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Heat another drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add tofu; season with ½ tsp salt (1 tsp for 4 servings). Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 3-5 minutes. • Add bulgogi sauce, hoisin, and ½ cup water (1 cup for 4). Simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
• While tofu cooks, to bowl with cucumber, add garlic, gochujang, half the vinegar (we sent more), remaining sesame oil, 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4 servings), and chili flakes to taste. Toss to combine.
• Fluff rice with a fork. • Divide rice between bowls; top with tofu, gochujang pickles, and stir-fried veggies in separate sections. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.