Alfredo-Style Spaghetti with Herbed Pork
plus Zucchini & Lemon
Alfredo sauce is a perennial favorite around here, and we’re confident our version will be a slam dunk at home. After all, with this dish’s creamy sauce, juicy pork, and tender pasta, how could it not be? You’ll toss spaghetti in a rich, creamy sauce loaded with nutty Parmesan, ground pepper, butter, and lemon for brightness. Next you’ll add cubes of Italian-seasoned seared boneless pork chop along with golden-brown zucchini for a hearty, delicious dinner idea all in one lucky bowl.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Cheese Roux Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; cut into ½-inch-thick half-moons. Zest and quarter lemon.
• Once water is boiling, add spaghetti to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes. Reserve 2 cups pasta cooking water (4 cups for 4 servings), then drain.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and season with 1 tsp Italian Seasoning (2 tsp for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. (You’ll use more Italian Seasoning in the next step.) Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, 5-7 minutes (7-10 minutes for 4 servings). • Turn off heat; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Wipe out pan and let cool slightly.
• Pat pork* dry with paper towels and season all over with 1 tsp Italian Seasoning (2 tsp for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. (Be sure to measure the Italian Seasoning—we sent more!) • Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer to a cutting board to rest. Once pork is cool enough to handle, dice into bite-size pieces. Wipe out pan and let cool slightly.
• Return same pan to medium heat. Add 1½ cups reserved pasta cooking water (2 cups for 4 servings) and cheese roux concentrate; whisk to combine. Cook, whisking, until slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes. • Reduce heat to medium low; whisk in cream cheese until melted and combined. Season lightly with pepper.
• Add drained spaghetti, Parmesan, 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings), a big squeeze of lemon juice, and a pinch of lemon zest to pan with sauce. • Reduce heat to low. Cook, tossing, until butter is melted and pasta is coated in a creamy sauce, 1 minute. • Add zucchini and diced pork; toss to coat. TIP: If needed, stir in more reserved pasta cooking water a splash at a time. • Taste and season with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice if desired.
• Divide pasta between shallow bowls and serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.
Pork is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145°.