Balsamic Fig Chicken
with Roasted Potatoes & Mixed Greens
We’re big fans of pan sauces because they’re a simple way to add extra flavor to any dish. Here, fig jam, balsamic vinegar, shallot, and fresh rosemary mingle with the fond—the crispy bits and drippings left by the chicken. The result is a condiment that you’ll want to drizzle all over your meat and potatoes before swiping up every bit of sweet and savory perfection.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Toss on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack, tossing halfway through, until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• While potatoes roast, halve, peel, and mince onion until you have 2 TBSP (4 TBSP for 4 servings). (Save the rest of the onion for another use.) Strip 1 tsp rosemary leaves from stems (2 tsp for 4); finely chop leaves. Halve lemon.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Lower heat under pan to medium.
• Add minced onion, chopped rosemary, and a drizzle of olive oil to same pan. Cook, stirring, until softened, 2-3 minutes. • Stir in vinegar and jam. Simmer until syrupy, 1 minute. • Stir in stock concentrate and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings). Cook until thick and glossy, 2-3 minutes. TIP: Add a splash of water if sauce is too thick. • Turn off heat. Stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4). Season with salt and pepper.
• While sauce simmers, in a medium bowl, toss mixed greens with a squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
• Thinly slice chicken crosswise; divide between plates along with potatoes. Drizzle chicken with sauce. Serve with salad on the side.