These bodacious burgers are positively layered with flavor. Fry-spiced and onion-studded pork burgers are topped with melty cheddar and a tangle of BBQ-spiked onion, then tucked into toasty buns. A slick of chipotle aioli holds it all together, giving you the perfect, flavor-packed bite. With a heap of crispy oven fries on the side, we hope you’re prepared for total taste bud takeover.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Potato Buns(ContainsEggs, Milk, Wheat, Soy)
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion; mince a few slices until you have 2 TBSP (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Cut potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges. Halve buns. • In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise with chipotle powder to taste (start with a pinch, then taste and add more from there if desired). Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
• Melt 1 TBSP butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add sliced onion and season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, 10-15 minutes. TIP: Lower heat and add a splash of water if onion begins to brown too quickly. • Stir in half the BBQ sauce (you’ll use the rest later); cook until sauce is warmed through, 1-2 minutes more. • Turn off heat; transfer to a medium bowl. Wash out pan.
• While onion cooks, toss potatoes on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, half the Fry Seasoning (you’ll use the rest later), salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• While potatoes roast, in a large bowl, combine pork*, minced onion, remaining Fry Seasoning, salt (we used ½ tsp; 1 tsp for 4 servings), and pepper. • Form into two patties (four patties for 4), each slightly wider than a burger bun.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for onion over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook until browned and cooked through, 4-7 minutes per side. • In the last 1-2 minutes of cooking, top each patty with cheddar; cover pan until cheese melts. • While patties cook, toast buns until golden.
• Spread bottom buns with remaining BBQ sauce. Spread top buns with chipotle aioli. Fill buns with patties and caramelized onion. • Divide burgers between plates and serve with potato wedges on the side.