Beef Ragù Spaghetti
with Zucchini & Parmesan
Spaghetti with tomato sauce is always a recipe for success. Is there anyone who’d turn down a plate of noodles piled high and dusted with cheese? Surely not, although adding some extra meat and veg certainly makes it all the more crave-able. Which is exactly what we’re doing: taking a tried-and-true Italian American classic and adding hearty ground beef and bites of tender zucchini.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Tuscan Heat Spice
Beef Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and quarter zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick pieces. Halve, peel, and dice onion. Peel and mince garlic.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add beef * and season with half the Tuscan Heat Spice (you’ll use the rest later), salt, and pepper. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Turn off heat. (TIP: If there’s excess grease in your pan, carefully pour it out.) Transfer beef to a plate.
• Once water is boiling, add spaghetti to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water (¾ cup for 4 servings), then drain.
• While spaghetti cooks, heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for beef over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and onion. Cook, stirring, until softened, 5-7 minutes. • Stir in garlic and remaining Tuscan Heat Spice; cook until garlic is fragrant, 30 seconds.
• Add beef, tomatoes, stock concentrate, and reserved pasta cooking water to pan with veggies. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until thick and saucy, 5-10 minutes. TIP: If mixture begins to stick to the bottom of the pan, stir in a splash of plain water. • Taste and season with salt and pepper. Stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until melted.
• Add drained spaghetti to pan with ragù; toss to combine. • Divide pasta between plates. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.