Big Batch Chicken Sausage Tortelloni "Lasagna"
2x the delicious servings!
Get ready for a filling, crowd-pleasing pasta bake that everyone will love. In it, you’ll find layers of extra-large tortellini (better known as tortelloni) instead of lasagna noodles, and Italian-spiced chicken sausage sautéed with bell pepper and onion. It’s all coated in our tangy, savory marinara and loaded into a baking dish with dollops of garlicky ricotta cheese and a shower of melty mozzarella. Once the “lasagna” is baked, straight to the table it goes, ready to feed the hungriest of eaters. The time you save on this big-batch meal frees up that much more time to hang with the fam!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Green Bell Pepper
Italian Chicken Sausage Mix
(Contains Eggs, Milk, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 8 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil (two large pots for 8). Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince or grate garlic. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion. Halve, core, and thinly slice bell pepper into strips.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant and lightly browned, 30-60 seconds. Turn off heat; transfer to a small bowl. Wipe out pan. • Add ricotta to bowl with garlic; mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in pan used for garlic over high heat. Add sausage*, onion, and bell pepper; cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until sausage is browned and cooked through and veggies are tender, 4-6 minutes (for 8 servings, cook sausage and veggies in batches). Transfer to a large bowl. • Add marinara to bowl with sausage mixture. Stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
• Once water is boiling, add tortelloni to pot. Cook until tender and floating to the top, 3-4 minutes. Reserve ¼ cup pasta cooking water (½ cup for 8 servings), then drain.
• Add drained tortelloni and reserved pasta cooking water to bowl with filling and sauce; stir to combine. • Transfer tortelloni mixture to a 9-by-13- inch baking dish (two 9-by-13-inch baking dishes for 8 servings). Sprinkle with mozzarella and dollop with garlicky ricotta. • Bake “lasagna” on top rack (top and middle racks for 8) until cheese melts and sauce is bubbly, 8-10 minutes. • Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
• Serve tortelloni “lasagna” family style directly from the baking dish or divide between plates and serve.
Chicken Sausage is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.