Our chefs picked a fabulous combination of veggies and toppings for this burrito bowl: A tomato and charred corn salsa is at the center of it all, then lime crema and a sprinkle of Monterey Jack cheese bump things up a notch. And while we’re huge fans of the zesty rice and beans, the thing that makes this a real winner might just be the tortilla chips for scooping everything up.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Southwest Spice Blend
Monterey Jack Cheese(ContainsMilk)
Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
• Wash and dry produce. • Halve, peel, and dice onion. Drain and rinse beans. Drain and rinse corn; dry thoroughly with paper towels, removing as much moisture as possible.
• Melt 2 TBSP butter in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until softened, 4-5 minutes. • Stir in rice, beans, stock concentrate, and half the Southwest Spice (you’ll use the rest later). • Stir in ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings) and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Heat a large, dry, preferably nonstick, pan over high heat. Add corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly charred, 4-6 minutes. (TIP: Cover pan if corn begins to pop.) Season with salt and pepper.
• While corn cooks, dice tomato. Finely chop cilantro. Zest and quarter lime. • In a medium bowl, combine charred corn, tomato, half the cilantro, remaining Southwest Spice, a pinch of lime zest, a large drizzle of olive oil, and a squeeze of lime juice to taste. Season with plenty of salt and pepper.
• In a small bowl, combine sour cream and as much remaining lime zest and juice as you like. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
• Fluff rice mixture with a fork; season with salt and pepper. Divide between bowls and top with salsa, Monterey Jack, and remaining cilantro. Drizzle with lime crema and as much hot sauce as you like. • Serve with tortilla chips for dipping and any remaining lime wedges on the side.