Black Bean Tofu Tostadas
with Pico de Gallo & Lime Crema
Toast to the tostada! The perfect marriage of your favorite taco and the satisfying crunch-factor of a plate of nachos. First, toast up your tortillas for a flat, golden, crispy base. Then, layer on all the toppings—creamy refried black beans, warmly-spiced, protein-packed tofu crumbles, melty Mexican cheeses, homemade pico de gallo, and tangy lime crema. Yep, it’s pretty safe to say these tostadas are perfectly crunch-tastic! Cheers!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Old El Paso Refried Black Beans
Mexican Spice Blend
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Mexican Cheese Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Dice tomato into ¼-inch pieces. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Zest and quarter lime. Mince jalapeño, removing ribs and seeds for less heat. • Open and drain tofu; press out excess water with paper towels. In a large bowl, crumble tofu into small pieces (similar to the texture of ground meat).
• Drizzle tortillas with 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4 servings); brush or rub to coat both sides. Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer (divide between 2 sheets for 4). Gently prick each tortilla in a few places with a fork. • Bake on top rack, flipping halfway through, until lightly golden, 4-5 minutes per side. (For 4, bake on top and middle racks; flip tortillas and swap rack positions halfway through.) TIP: Watch carefully— tortillas brown fast!
• Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine tomato, scallion greens, juice from half the lime, and a pinch of salt and pepper. • In a small bowl, combine sour cream and lime zest. Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add refried beans and cook until warmed through, 1-2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until melted. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30-60 seconds. • Add another drizzle of oil, tofu, Mexican Spice Blend, and ½ tsp salt (1 tsp for 4 servings). Cook, stirring occasionally, until tofu is browned, 3-5 minutes. • Stir in stock concentrate and ½ cup water (¾ cup for 4). Simmer until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
• Divide tortillas between plates; spread each with refried beans. Top with tofu mixture, pico de gallo, Mexican cheese blend, and crema. Sprinkle with as much jalapeño as you like; serve tostadas with remaining lime wedges on the side.