Move over, chicken—there’s a new Buffalo-spiced star in town. This week, we roast chickpeas with Frank’s Red Hot seasoning for a super crispy, zesty results. But wait, there’s more: They’re piled into bowls with buttery jasmine rice, roasted carrots and tomatoes, pickled shallot, and avocado. Buffalo’s favorite creamy dipper—buttermilk ranch dressing—makes a satisfying drizzle over top.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Frank's RedHot® Original Seasoning Blend
White Wine Vinegar
Ranch Dressing(ContainsEggs, Milk)
• Adjust racks to top and middle positions and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Peel and mince garlic. Drain and rinse chickpeas; pat very dry with paper towels. Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Halve, peel, and thinly slice shallot.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. • Stir in rice and ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings). Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, toss chickpeas on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil and half the Frank’s RedHot® Original Seasoning (you’ll use the rest later). • On a separate sheet, toss carrots and tomatoes with a large drizzle of oil and celery salt. • Roast chickpeas on top rack and veggies on middle rack until chickpeas are crispy and veggies are tender and browned, 20-25 minutes. TIP: It’s natural for the chickpeas to pop a bit when they roast.
• Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine shallot, half the vinegar, ¼ tsp sugar, a splash of water, and a pinch of salt. (For 4 servings, use all the vinegar and ½ tsp sugar.) Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1 minute. • Halve, pit, and peel avocado; thinly slice. Sprinkle with salt.
• When chickpeas have a few minutes left, place 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a second small microwave-safe bowl; microwave until melted, 45 seconds. Stir in remaining Frank’s RedHot® Original Seasoning. • Once chickpeas are done, remove sheet from oven and pour Buffalo mixture on top; carefully toss on sheet until thoroughly coated.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between shallow bowls; top with chickpeas, veggies, avocado, and pickled shallot (draining first). Drizzle with buttermilk ranch dressing and serve.