Cheesy Breakfast Tacos
with Charred Green Pepper, Pico de Gallo & Smoky Crema
We firmly believe that tacos have a place at every meal, so we’re over the moon about this brunchy version. Get this: We stuff buttery scrambled eggs into warm, cheesy tortillas, then top with fresh pico de gallo. Add a squeeze of zesty lime and a drizzle of smoky crema for a delicious bite of tacos anytime.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Long Green Pepper
Southwest Spice Blend
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Mexican Cheese Blend
Smoky Red Pepper Crema
(Contains Milk, Soy)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and dry produce. Dice tomato. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion; mince a few slices until you have 2 TBSP (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Roughly chop half the cilantro (all for 4). Quarter lime. Halve, core, and thinly slice green pepper into strips.
• In a small bowl, combine tomato, minced onion, chopped cilantro, and lime juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion and green pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and charred, 6-8 minutes. Stir in half the Southwest Spice Blend (all for 4 servings) and a splash or two of water until veggies are coated. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until water has evaporated, 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat. Transfer to a plate; cover to keep warm. Wipe out pan.
• Meanwhile, place tortillas on a baking sheet in a single layer; sprinkle with Mexican cheese blend. Bake on middle rack until cheese melts, 1-2 minutes. TIP: Don’t let these bake too long—they should be soft, not crisp.
• Crack eggs* into a large bowl; whisk until combined. Season generously with salt and pepper. Melt 2 TBSP butter (3 TBSP for 4 servings) in pan used for veggies over medium heat. Add eggs; cook, gently stirring in a figure-eight pattern, until curds form and eggs are cooked to preference. Remove from heat.
• Divide cheesy tortillas between plates; fill with eggs and veggies. Top tacos with pico de gallo and smoky red pepper crema. Serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side.
Wash hands and surfaces after handling raw eggs. Consuming raw or undercooked eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.