With sweetness from grapes, crisp texture from lettuce, and buttery crunch from walnuts, it’s hard to beat a Waldorf salad. Typically, it’s all tossed in a creamy dressing, but tonight, we switch things up with a balsamic vinaigrette for satisfying tang. We didn’t totally ditch the rich, creamy vibes in this deconstructed version, though—you’ll find those in a luscious Dijon sauce for pan-roasted chicken breasts. Alternate with bites of buttery garlic ciabatta, or use the bread to swipe up every last drop of sauce.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Ciabatta Bread(ContainsWheat, Soy)
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• Heat broiler to high. Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince garlic. Halve grapes. Halve ciabatta. • Place 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave until just softened, 10-15 seconds. Stir in half the garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Transfer to a cutting board.
• Add remaining garlic to same pan over medium-high heat; cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in stock concentrate and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings). Simmer until reduced, 2-3 minutes. • Stir in sour cream, half the mustard, and 1 TBSP plain butter (2 TBSP for 4); remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. (Taste and add more mustard if desired.)
• Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss mixed greens, grapes, and walnuts with a large drizzle of olive oil and half the vinegar (all for 4 servings). Season with salt and pepper.
• Spread cut sides of ciabatta with garlic butter; place, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Broil until golden brown, 2-3 minutes. TIP: Watch carefully to avoid burning. • Halve garlic bread on a diagonal.
• Thinly slice chicken crosswise. • Divide chicken, salad, and garlic bread between plates. Top chicken with pan sauce and serve.