When life gives you lemons... you could make lemonade. But wouldn’t you rather whip up a delectable homemade pasta limone? This rich, tangy, oh-so-easy sauce comes together in a flash with lemon zest and juice, Parmesan, and butter—plus toasted garlic and a cream sauce base for good measure. It’s all tossed with penne pasta, sautéed zucchini, and chicken breast strips, then garnished with fresh herbs and more Parm. Each bowl’s served with lemon wedges for squeezing on a little extra zing. This dish is truly the best of the zest.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Cream Sauce Base(ContainsMilk)
Green Herb Blend
Chicken Breast Strips
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Peel and thinly slice garlic. Trim and quarter zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick pieces. Zest and quarter lemon. Mince chives. Finely chop parsley.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and fragrant, 1 minute. TIP: Keep a close eye on the garlic to avoid burning. Remove from heat as soon as it turns a pale golden color. • Turn off heat; using a slotted spoon, transfer garlic to a paper-towel-lined plate. Wipe out pan.
• Once water is boiling, add penne to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes. • Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water, then drain and set aside. • While pasta cooks, heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for garlic over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and cook, stirring, until tender and lightly golden, 5-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. • Transfer to a plate.
• While zucchini cooks, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper. • Once zucchini is done, heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken in a single layer and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Reduce heat to medium.
• Stir in cream sauce base, ¼ cup reserved pasta cooking water (½ cup for 4 servings), and a big squeeze of lemon juice; cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 2-3 minutes. TIP: If sauce seems too thick, stir in another splash or two of pasta cooking water.
• Add drained penne, toasted garlic, zucchini, half the Parmesan, half the herbs, 2 TBSP butter (3 TBSP for 4 servings), and half the lemon zest (use all the zest if desired) to pan with sauce. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. TIP: If needed, stir in more pasta cooking water a splash at a time until everything is coated in a creamy sauce. • Divide pasta between bowls. Top with remaining Parmesan and herbs. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.