Chicken Sausage & Mushroom Flatbreads
with Gouda Cream Sauce & Parmesan
Yes we love our simple cheese pizza with red sauce but tonight, move over, marinara—there’s a new sauce in town. In this recipe, crispy flatbreads are slathered with a rich, creamy gouda-mustard sauce we just can’t get enough of. We top that off with a pile of caramelized onion and earthy cremini mushrooms. Shower with Parmesan, and that’s it. Simple, satisfying, and all in 30 minutes–a dinner idea you can’t pass up!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Sesame, Wheat)
Cream Sauce Base
Italian Chicken Sausage Mix
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and thinly slice mushrooms (skip if your mushrooms are pre-sliced!). Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion.
• Place flatbreads on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Toast on top rack until lightly golden, 3-4 minutes. Remove from oven. (For 4 servings, divide flatbreads between two sheets; toast on top and middle racks.)
Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken or sausage; cook, stirring frequently, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a plate.
• Meanwhile, heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 4-5 minutes. TIP: Lower heat and add a splash of water if mushrooms begin to brown too quickly. • Add onion and another drizzle of oil; season with Italian Seasoning and a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring, until veggies are browned and tender, 5-7 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired. Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
Use pan used for chicken or sausage here.
• Meanwhile, in a small pot, heat cream sauce base over medium-high heat until gently bubbling, 1-2 minutes. • Reduce heat to medium; tear gouda into pieces and add to pot. Whisk until melted and combined. • Remove pot from heat; stir in half the mustard (all for 4 servings) until thoroughly combined.
• Spread gouda sauce over flatbreads. Top with mushroom mixture and Parmesan. Return flatbreads to top rack until cheese melts and edges are golden brown, 6-10 minutes. (For 4 servings, return sheets to top and middle racks; swap positions halfway through baking.)
Top flatbreads with chicken or sausage along with mushroom mixture.
• Cut flatbreads into pieces and divide between plates. Serve.
Chicken Sausage is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.