We consider pasta night a holiday—one that we like to celebrate at least once a week, if not more. If you agree, you’re in luck. This dish has it all: al dente rigatoni noodles, sautéed bell pepper, and flavorful chicken sausage, all tossed in a mouthwatering, creamy pink sauce. Of course, the festivities wouldn’t be complete without a generous sprinkle of Parmesan. Now, let the carb celebrations commence!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Italian Chicken Sausage Mix
Cream Sauce Base(ContainsMilk)
• Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry all produce. • Core, deseed, and dice bell pepper. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and cook until lightly browned and slightly softened, 3-4 minutes. • Add sausage* and scallion whites to pan; cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
• Once water is boiling, add rigatoni to pot. Cook until al dente, 10-12 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water, then drain.
• While pasta cooks, stir Italian Seasoning, tomato paste, and 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4 servings) into pan with sausage mixture until coated. • Pour in ¼ cup plain water (1⁄3 cup for 4). Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minute, then reduce heat to low.
• Add cream sauce base to pan with sauce. TIP: Cut top off carton of cream sauce to open fully; transfer contents, using a spoon or spatula to scrape sauce from carton sides. • Stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
• Add drained rigatoni to pan with sauce; toss to coat. If needed, stir in reserved pasta cooking water a splash at a time until pasta is coated in a creamy sauce. • Divide pasta between bowls and top with Parmesan. Sprinkle with a pinch of chili flakes if desired. Garnish with scallion greens and serve.