A big bowl of pasta never fails to satisfy—it’s quick, carby, comforting, and our go-to no matter the weather. When you add bites of Italian chicken sausage, tender broiled zucchini, and Parmesan to the equation, you’ve reached another level of deliciousness entirely. Ready to enjoy bite after bite of twirly spaghetti cloaked in this flavor-boosted Bolognese? We thought so.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Italian Chicken Sausage Mix
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• Heat broiler to high. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; thinly slice crosswise into half-moons.
• Toss zucchini on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil and season with half the Italian Seasoning (you’ll use the rest in the next step), salt, and pepper. • Broil until browned and softened, 5-7 minutes. TIP: Watch carefully to avoid burning.
• Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage* and remaining Italian Seasoning. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes.
• Once water is boiling, add spaghetti to pot. Cook until al dente, 9-11 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water, then drain and set aside.
• While pasta cooks, stir crushed tomatoes, stock concentrate, and 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4 servings) into pan with sausage. Season generously with salt (we used ½ tsp) and pepper. (Use ¾ tsp salt for 4.) Bring to a simmer and cook until reduced, 5-7 minutes.
• Stir sour cream and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) into pan with sauce. Add drained spaghetti and zucchini; toss to coat. (If your pan isn’t large enough, pour everything back into empty pasta pot.) If needed, stir in reserved pasta cooking water 1 TBSP at a time until pasta is thoroughly coated in sauce. Taste and season with salt and pepper. • Divide pasta between bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.