Crispy chicken is always a recipe for success. Add melty Monterey Jack cheese and bold spices to the mix, and you’ve got a winning dinner. Once baked, the crust turns golden brown while the meat stays juicy and tender. But wait...there’s more! The crunchy cutlets are served alongside creamy mashed potatoes and roasted veggies. Together, it’s a meal as elegant as it is satisfying and delicious.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Monterey Jack Cheese(ContainsMilk)
Southwest Spice Blend
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Place in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain and return potatoes to pot. Keep covered off heat until ready to mash in step 5.
• Meanwhile, halve, peel, and thinly slice onion. Halve, core, and thinly slice poblano into strips. • In a medium bowl, combine panko, Monterey Jack, a drizzle of olive oil, half the chili powder, 1 tsp Southwest Spice (2 tsp for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. (Use the rest of the Southwest Spice as you like.) Set aside. • Toss onion and poblano on one side of a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper, and remaining chili powder. (For 4, spread out across entire sheet.) • Roast on top rack for 5 minutes.
• While veggies roast, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. Evenly brush tops of chicken with half the sour cream (you’ll use the rest later). Mound panko mixture onto brushed sides, pressing firmly to adhere. Drizzle each piece of coated chicken with oil.
• Once veggies have roasted 5 minutes, remove sheet from oven; carefully add chicken to empty side. (For 4 servings, leave veggies roasting and add chicken to a second sheet; roast on middle rack.) • Roast until chicken is browned and cooked through and veggies are tender and slightly crisp, 15-18 minutes. TIP: If veggies are done before chicken, remove from sheet and continue roasting chicken.
• Meanwhile, mash potatoes until mostly smooth. Stir in 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) and remaining sour cream. Add splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
• Divide chicken, mashed potatoes, and roasted veggies between plates and serve.