Curry-Spiced Chickpea Bowls
with Roasted Veggies, Cucumber Raita & Garlic Basmati Rice
There are so many reasons why we love a grain bowl... but the main one? We get to enjoy our favorite veggies, proteins, and sauces, all at the same time. This Indian inspired version stars garlicky Basmati rice topped with curried-chickpeas and roasted veggies. Refreshing and creamy Raita—a South Asian condiment made here from yogurt, cucumber, and lemon—completes this un-bowl-ievable meal.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim, peel, and slice carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Halve and peel onion; cut one half (whole onion for 4) into ½-inch-thick wedges. Mince a few wedges until you have 1 TBSP (2 TBSP for 4). Peel and mince garlic.
• Drain and rinse chickpeas; thoroughly pat dry with paper towels. • Toss on one side of a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, half the curry powder (you’ll use more later), salt, and pepper. (For 4 servings, spread chickpeas out across entire sheet.)
• Toss carrots, onion wedges, and tomatoes on opposite side of sheet from chickpeas with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. (For 4 servings, toss veggies on a second sheet; roast chickpeas on top rack and veggies on middle rack.) • Roast on top rack until veggies are tender and chickpeas are crispy, 20-25 minutes. TIP: It’s natural for chickpeas to pop a bit when they roast.
• Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in rice, stock concentrate, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, trim cucumber; grate on the largest holes of a box grater. Finely chop cilantro. Zest and quarter lemon. Mince chili. • In a small bowl, combine cucumber, minced onion, yogurt, sour cream, half the cilantro, and ¼ tsp curry powder (½ tsp for 4 servings). (Be sure to measure the curry powder—we sent more.) • Stir in a squeeze of lemon juice, salt, and a pinch of chili if desired.
• Toss roasted veggies on baking sheet with lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon juice. • Fluff rice with a fork and season with salt and pepper. TIP: For extra richness, stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). • Divide rice, roasted veggies, and chickpeas between shallow bowls. Top with raita and remaining cilantro. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.