Curry-Spiced Chickpea Bowls
with Roasted Veggies, Cucumber Raita & Garlic Basmati Rice
There are so many reasons why we love a rice bowl... but the main one? We get to enjoy our favorite veggies, proteins, and sauces, all at the same time. This Indian-inspired version stars garlicky basmati rice topped with curried-chickpeas and roasted veggies. Refreshing and creamy raita—a South Asian condiment made here from yogurt, cucumber, and lemon—completes this un-bowl-ievable meal.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Halve and peel onion; cut half into ½-inch-thick wedges (whole onion for 4). Mince a few wedges until you have 1 TBSP (2 TBSP for 4). Peel and mince garlic.
• Drain and rinse chickpeas; pat very dry with paper towels. • Toss on one side of a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, half the curry powder (you’ll use more later), salt, and pepper. (For 4 servings, spread chickpeas out across entire sheet.)
• Toss carrots, onion wedges, and tomatoes on empty side of sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. (For 4 servings, toss veggies on a second sheet; roast chickpeas on top rack and veggies on middle rack.) • Roast on top rack until veggies are tender and chickpeas are crispy, 20-25 minutes. (It’s natural for chickpeas to pop a bit when they roast.)
• Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in rice, stock concentrate, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, trim cucumber; grate on the largest holes of a box grater. Finely chop cilantro. Zest and quarter lemon. Mince chili. • In a small bowl, combine cucumber, minced onion, yogurt, sour cream, half the cilantro, and ¼ tsp curry powder (½ tsp for 4 servings). (Be sure to measure the curry powder— we sent more.) • Stir in a squeeze of lemon juice, salt, and a pinch of chili if desired.
• Toss roasted veggies on baking sheet with lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon juice. • Fluff rice with a fork and season with salt and pepper. TIP: For extra richness, stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). • Divide rice, veggies, and chickpeas between shallow bowls. Top with raita and remaining cilantro. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.