Family-Style Creamy Chicken Pasta Bake
2x the delicious servings!
Get ready for a crowd-pleasing dinner that everyone (especially the kiddos) will love: Tender pasta, garlicky bites of chicken, and vibrant green broccoli are folded into a velvety white cheddar sauce and baked to crisp, luscious perfection. Once the chicken pasta bake is done, straight to the table it goes, ready to feed the hungriest of eaters. The time you save on this big-batch meal means freeing up that much more time to hang with the fam!
This recipe is double the typical servings, providing 4 servings and 8 servings for a 2 person and 4 person box respectively.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chopped Chicken Breast
Cream Sauce Base
White Cheddar Cheese
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to middle position (top and middle positions for 8 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bring a large pot (two large pots for 8) of salted water to a boil. • Drop cream cheese (in packets) in a small bowl of warm water to soften until ready to use. Wash and dry produce. • Cut broccoli into bite-size pieces if necessary. Halve, peel, and finely dice onion. Mince or grate garlic. • Generously coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish (two 9-by-13-inch baking dishes for 8 servings) with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
• Once water is boiling, add pasta to pot (for 8 servings, divide between two large pots or cook in batches). Cook, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes. • Add broccoli. Cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is bright green and pasta is al dente, 3-5 minutes more. • Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water, then drain pasta and broccoli.
• Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over high heat. Add chicken*, onion, and garlic in a single layer; season with Fry Seasoning, salt, and pepper. • Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and onion is tender, 4-6 minutes. TIP: Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to work in batches to prevent overcrowding, adding a drizzle of oil between batches.
• In a large bowl, whisk together cream sauce base, cheddar, stock concentrates, and cream cheese (work in batches or use two large bowls for 8 servings). • Add drained pasta and broccoli, chicken, and ½ cup reserved pasta cooking water (1 cup for 8) to bowl with sauce and stir to thoroughly coat. • Transfer pasta mixture to prepared baking dish (divide between two baking dishes for 8).
• Cover baking dish tightly with foil, then place on top of a foil-lined baking sheet (two baking sheets for 8 servings). (The sheet will help protect your oven from any sauce that may bubble over!) • Bake on middle rack (top and middle racks for 8) until bubbly, 30 minutes. • Stir pasta bake to evenly distribute sauce. Let rest at least 5 minutes before serving.
• Divide pasta bake between plates or serve family style directly from dish.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.